Tuesday, May 1, 2012

finished project - pretty triangle scarf by kim miller.

Pretty Triangle Scarf

I was inspired by a knitter/crocheter on Ravelry that gets as many hearts♥ for her finished projects as many designers get for their designs. She has this wonderful, classic, bohemian style that that I love and this style is reflected in many of her projects. If you are a member of Ravelry.com then I would recommend checking out her projects here. If you have not yet discovered Ravelry it is a wonderful community of knitters and crocheters, and it is a great resource for patterns and everything fiber related.

The yarn that I chose is Noro Taiyo Sock (colourway S25), and the crochet pattern that I used is one of my own called the "Pretty Triangle Scarf". I only needed one ball of yarn and I easily finished the project in a day. The pattern suggests blocking, but I loved the look of this scarf as is.

If I had read the comments on Ravelry about the Noro Taiyo Sock yarn prior to my purchase then I may have never bought it. The general complaint is that it tangles and twists like crazy. Although, the Noro Taiyo Sock yarn definitely does have a tendency to kink and twist back on itself I personally never had a problem with it tangling. I love that the yarn has thin and thick spots giving it that homespun feel, and the colourways are absolutely amazing so despite the "twistiness" I will definitely be purchasing this yarn again.



kim.


2 comments:

  1. wow Kim! I loooove the colors of this scarf!!!!!
    You know...I've already made one from your pattern but...I'm surely make others, I love it!!!
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dany :) The self striping yarn made this a fun project! About 1/2 to 3/4 of the way throught the scarf it worked out that each row was a different colour and I couldn't wait to see what the next colour would be. All the best, Kim

      Delete