Saturday, November 30, 2013

sneak peek.


This crochet pattern has been in the works forever....

 
Originally, this started out as a baby blanket. I wanted to incorporate some word art into a design, so I came up with the idea of a basket weave, baby blanket with the word "DREAM" worked in popcorn stitch and framed by horizontal cables. I pictured a sweet, little, baby blanket all worked up in a fingering weight organic cotton. I invested quite a bit of time working out the numbers, and graphing the letters but what seemed perfect on paper, as you can see from the picture below, did not translate well when crocheted.
 
 
The post stitches on the basket weave section of the baby blanket worked out to be narrower then the popcorn panel making for a misshaped blanket. I thought about tearing it all out and salvaging the yarn, but I left it, just in case, and I'm glad that I did. Last year when I got into cabled owls I came up with the idea to switch out the popcorn panel and add in it's place a row of adorable owls. I was worried about buttons for little ones, so I chose instead to work the blanket up in a worsted weight yarn making for a beautiful decorative throw, or lapghan, perfect to snuggle up in while watching TV.
 
The crochet pattern for this cozy throw should be ready soon!!
 
 
 
 
 
kim.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment