Friday, September 30, 2011

finished project.

by Kim Miller



I made this shawl using Knit Picks Aloft which is a lovely lace weight blend of 75% mohair and 25% silk. I am extremely happy with this soft, pretty yarn as it blocks beautifully and it is very similar to the Rowan Kidsilk Haze but at a fraction of the cost. 

The downside of mohair is that it is usually impossible to frog and the Knit Picks Aloft was no exception. I messed up on the shawl border as there is suppose to be a scallop on either side of the center point as opposed to one scallop in the very center. I managed to rip out about half a dozen shells before I gave up and realized that I would end up wrecking the shawl if I tried to take out anymore.  Besides the edging looked just as pretty either way.

Once again...yay to Knit Picks for their gorgeous selection of affordable luxury yarns!!!


kim.



6 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful!!! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome!!!!! I'm going to start today your triangle scarf which I bought the pattern from you while ago...
    I'm surely will have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ♥Thank-you everyone for your lovely comments:)♥

    ReplyDelete